Eligible serving employees/pensioners have to apply online. However at present, provision for uploading the supporting documents is not available. After online submission of the application, the applicant is required to take a print out of the application and submit it with supporting documents (duly endorsed by the Head of the Department/Office in case of serving employees) to the office of the Additional Director, CGHS Mumbai. The form should be completely filled up with individual photographs pasted as specified in the form.
Following documents need to be attached:
In case of Serving employee:
- Proof of residence.
- Proof of age of son.
- In case of differently abled dependent son above 25 years, disability certificate from competent authority as specified.
- In case of Pensioners, in addition to 2 & 3 above:
- Surrender certificate of CGHS Card (only if CGHS Card was issued during Service Period).
- Bharat Kosh transaction receipts or Demand Draft in the name Pay and Accounts Officer,MoHFW payable at Mumbai. DD shall be accepted till June 30th 2020 only. Till then, both the modes of payment are allowed. Click here for the steps to pay CGHS subscription online.
- Certificate regarding Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) should be mentioned in the PPO/ LPC/ or recent certificates should be obtained from the bank.
- Requisition for Pensioner’s CGHS card(s) shall be accompanied by three copies of recent 3 x 5 cm size individual photographs of all family members of the retiring employee, one set of which shall be pasted on the application form and shall be attested by a Gazetted Officer (other than CGHS).
The amount for payment through Bharat Kosh/ Demand Draft will be the contribution due for one year if the card is to be made annually and for 10 years if whole life card is required.
Channel of Submission: In case of serving employees the application is to be submitted through the department, duly sponsored by the sponsoring authority. In case of Pensioners, the application with relevant documents and enclosures are to be submitted to the Office of the Additional Director, Mumbai.
Dependency Criteria: For availing the medical facilities under the scheme, parents (or parents-in -law in case of female employee), unmarried son till 25 years of age, dependent unmarried/widowed/divorced/separated daughters and sisters, minor brothers are deemed dependent on the Government employee if they are normally residing- with him and their income from all sources including pension and pension equivalent of DCRG benefit is less than Rs. 9000 + DA per month. This criteria does not apply to spouse and disabled son irrespective of age (please see definition of disability in instructions for filling CGHS card).