Documents required are:
- Request letter to give permission, from card holder clearly mentioning the name of the uncoded procedure/investigation/implants and the name of the empanelled hospital where he intends to avail treatment.
- Govt specialist advise clearly mentioning said procedure/investigation or implant. Vague advice like advised surgery without mentioning the actual procedure is not acceptable.
- One estimate from empanelled hospital where patient intends to take treatment.
- Other relevant medical documents in support of beneficiary illness.
- CGHS card copy (of beneficiary and card holder).
- No permission can be given in emergency by relaxing any requisite documents. If it is emergency, empanelled hospital is supposed to go ahead with such treatment or procedures and submit the claim to UTI.
In case of serving employees, the permission shall be obtained from their parent department.