In case of beneficiaries undergoing treatment for pre-existing chronic diseases, to ensure continuity in treatment, medicines are issued for up to six months based on valid prescription and documentary support of visit to a foreign country. The beneficiary is required to submit an application for obtaining permission from CMO In-charge of respective Wellness Centre with the following documents:
- Copy of valid plastic/self-printed CGHS card.
- Valid prescription for six months by CGHS Specialist / Government hospital Specialist, countersigned by the HOD of the specialty.
- Proof of station leaving like passport, ticket & visa. (Originals along with xerox copy)
- Other relevant medical documents in support of beneficiary illness.
- CGHS card copy (of beneficiary and card holder).