All you need to know about Novel Corona Virus
What is Novel Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. 2019-nCoV is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. The infection has been reported in China as on 11th Jan. 2020.41 confirmed cases have been reported so far with one death. Only travel related cases have been reported, one each in Thailand & Japan.
What are the early symptoms?
- Runny Nose
- A rare case of Fever
- Exacerbated asthma
- Sore Throat
- Sometimes it also causes pneumonia, bronchitis
- A general feeling of human unwell
How does corona virus disease spread?
While the exact origin and causes of spread are still not well known, it may spread:
- While coughing and sneezing
- While touching or shaking hands with an infected person
- Making in contact with a surface or object that has a virus and while touching nose, eyes or mouth
- Rarely, corona virus may spread through contact with feces
How can it be prevented?
- Wash hand regularly
- Cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing
- Eat on properly cooked meat and eggs
- Avoid contact from the person showing symptoms of respiratory illness
- Take proper rest and avoid overexertion
- Drink enough water
- Avoid smoking and smoky areas
- Take medicine to reduce pain and fever
- Use a clean humidifier or cool mist vaporizer